Monday, September 03, 2007

Running in FiveFingers: Invigorate and Energize Your Feet

Got my tester pair of Vibram FiveFingers last week. I wore the Sprint style--a mary jane--a little each day, as directed in order to get used to them. Today I ran in them for the first time and didn't require any getting used to them at all--I felt fabulous! Remember how it felt to run as a kid? Dashing through the grass? Happy? That's how it felt and more. Like an epidural for barefoot running--I could sense the ground under my feet, but had no discomfort from it. No sharp edges, no sense of pounding. I'm a toe runner anyway, and I think the FiveFingers are excellent for toe-runners. The fit is snug, and each toe is treated as a little member of royalty. They are super-cool-looking too. Hope to run the Las Vegas Half-Marathon on December 2--that is, if I can get buy-in from my hubby. He often travels to Vegas on business--maybe we can work it in--bring the kid and head over there--it's only a six-hour drive or a short flight from L.A..

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm interested to know if you ran the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon wearing these...I have just been alerted to these and am very curious...to the point I think I am going to order a pair...I am a Marathoner myself...and I also ran Las Vegas 2007...